Saturday, July 2, 2011

Week 2- My reflections

This week has been really busy with tasks and readings but at the same time it's been really exciting and informative. I liked searching the web and learning about new sites and opportunities which they open for teachers and students. I have never had an idea that there are so many search engines and that I have so much to learn about the Internet resources!
Another thing I want to mention is ABCD method. I have already said that it was not an easy task for me to write ABCD learning objectives because I had no idea about this method before the course. I never practised writing my lesson objectives (syllabus doesn't count ) before this task (I always did it subconsciously in my head when planning a lesson) and when I did, I found it really effective and helpful, especially in terms of assessing students. I decided to search for more information about this method and I found some very helpful sites!
This week I also continue examining my blog and trying to make more friends here. When we began the course and I understood how it would work, I realized that it would be great idea to use blogging with my student. I was really amazed how effective and motivating it could be for my students to start their own blogs and share their thoughts, ideas, news, links with each other. It would give them more autonomy in learning and feeling of confidence, especially if to take into account the fact that they are all familiar with social nets and actively communicate their with their friends. I was really inspired!
So, I am on my way to turning my ideas to life!



5 comments:

  1. Hi, Luliia
    Greetings for Quito-Ecuador


    The new technology is a common vocabulary in nowadays students, so we have to introduce the tech as soon as possible and try to improve it day by day.

    This week me and my students learn so much about some tools in order to use in class, for example: the creation and use of blogs, the web searchs were a fantastic idea and everybody are so happy and excited about it, with the correct, enough information and support we can developed a nice tech environment to work.

    at the beginning it`s a bit complicated in order to have enough time to use the new ideas and complete our class program as well, but in educacion everything is possible we just need to adjust the program time. and enjoy it.

    take care,
    bye, Edu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edu!
    You are absolutely right! That's what we are here for- to learn and then to teach!!)) Hope our new knowledge will work in the classroom and make progress!
    Unfortunately, I am not teaching currectly since we, teachers and students, usually have summer vacations form June-July until September. I wish I could start turning my ideas into practice and applying all we are learning here just right now but I have to wait((

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Iuliia I read your blog, and I want to tell you that I agree with you. The use of different search engines is great and innovative.
    About writing objectives I also think that it was not an easy task, but definitely planning classes with ABCD objectives will be effective and helpful to the students assessments.
    See you on line
    Santiago

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Iuliia,

    You’re right that this week we’ve been rather busy trying new search engines, writing ABCD learning objective framework and doing the first step of the final project. However, it’s informative and helpful, isn’t it?
    We’re on the go of this online course and there must be more tasks to do that I can say it for sure. Enjoy it and make it the best for us!

    You don’t have chance to apply what you’ve learned from this online course because you’re on your summer vacation, right? But from now on you can prepare yourself and your students will get surprised when they have chance to learn with you next academic school year because of the proficiency level of technology application to your teaching.

    Seize it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Iuliia

    I can see that you are so open to new ideas and ways of doing things. Formal ABCD objectives are not always use that often, but I find when I am asked to provide "learning outcomes" or "objective" I feel more confident having worked with these.

    Robert

    ReplyDelete