Saturday, July 9, 2011

Week 3- July 9- My reflections

          This week has been very thought provoking. I was extremely busy with readings, sites investigations and learning! I am overwhelmed with new information and knowledge I've  gained this week. It really excites and motivates. Doing this course and carrying out different tasks we have, I can see how interesting and motivating it can be for my students, if I apply all these in my lessons in the future.
           This week I've learned how to upload and add videos and pictures to my blog as well as how modify it. It's not very difficult, but, of course, it takes time to learn all the tools and see how they work. I am thinking about my future project and blog implementation. I have too many ideas and trying to see the way how to combine all of them effectively.
            This week I've created my Delicious page and I was astonished with the opportunities it opened to me. I always had problems with storing my bookmarks since I often have to work out of my home and, consequently I can't use the links I need. I like the thing of sharing links with others and that I can add some which seem interesting to me.
Another task was to read some articles about aural/oral teaching strategies and CALL perspectives. There was a lot of interesting and useful information. I learned about new tendencies in this sphere. A number of computer programs and online resources were introduced as well. So there is still much to think about and try with students.
            This week we had to read some past Project Reports and leave our comments. I think this task was very helpful in terms of my future project preparations. It gave me a chance to see how it should look like and established some examples to follow. I liked many projects and I liked the past participants’ ideas. So I’ll try to combine mine with already tested ones.
The weeks are getting busier and busier but I like it!:)

Smiley

8 comments:

  1. Dear Luliia

    I am glad to read your reflections and those of others. The word overwhelmed occurs in every other blog and it has left me wondering why. Isn't it true that almost all of us do have technology as a resource in our clssroom environment? Why is it that we haven't explored the websites to this extent earlier? And then I told myself it is perhaps so because we know our learners at their end do not have enough access to it so we try to give them technology in a controlled manner.

    But now with this course I am convinced I just have to bring in a lot more technology into every learner's life. The learners will get motivated and find ways of having better access to it. I am sure all of us will do that.

    Take care

    Sharda

    PS: I saw the clip on American Pronunciation. Found it useful. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharda,
    Thank you for your comments!
    I think you are absolutely right talking about the usage of technology in our classrooms! I think we are sometimes not sure if learners are able to cope with a lot of technology and it takes us back. I think this course will make first of all us,teachers, more confident!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right Shalina,effectively days in days, this web skills course is getting more and more interesting but harder and harder because we have a lot of task to complete. At the same time, believe we are learning a lot of things also.

    Thanks

    JLD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Iuliia,

    Great job with the blog. I noticed the pictures and videos too. Small steps add up!

    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Robert,

    Thank you for your feedback. Hope that is not the limit)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi luliia,

    I agree with you that reading the sample projects gave us an idea of what is expected of us and the academic format that we should use in presenting it. I am really learning and enjoying the course at the same time. This is the first summer that I exercise, swim and work on the course. I just am never bored.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nagwa,
    That is really true!! This summer is pretty busy and, moreover, it has brought many changes into my life (personal and professional)! Hope things are changing for better!:)

    ReplyDelete