Sunday, August 21, 2011

Week 9- August 21


The course is getting to its end. It’s amazing how fast 10 weeks have passed. I am very happy for having had a chance to work and collaborate with such professionals and nice guys as you are, my dear colleagues. It’s very sad to realize that our course is over. I’ll miss our discussions and tasks!
This week was very important and intensive because this week our final project was due on Friday. I had to go through all my ideas and writing again and see what was needed more clarifications and work on. The peer-check report was really helpful. I had very clear idea what I had to do and I want to thank my colleagues for their assessment and assistance))
This week discussions and articles were very interesting. Sometimes it is very difficult to come up with ideas how to make your lesson more dynamic or more visual so that all learning style could be involved and meet students’ needs.  And technology assisted class was very challenging for me in terms of make it effective in accordance to learning styles of my students. The articles we were given this week are abundant with the ideas and tools. All the strategies and tools were categorized and well structured, so it was very easy to understand what a teacher needs to make his/her lesson more effective and manageable.
I really liked the project which Robert shared with us. It was amazing! I liked Eduardo’s ideas: “…the use of musical / rhythmic talking about technology and multiple intelligences, the students are able to learn but using another methods, not only the classic ones that includes the teacher as the protagonist of the class and students like simple spectators, using music, or music videos we can improve the level of language that we are going to learn…”. I think it is a very effective tool. Music will help to arouse students’ schemata and it involves as auditory learners as visual ones if we use videos.

Good luck with your projects!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, my dear e-friend

    Week 9, we almost finish our course, a very nice and pleased experience to show and share our teacher tips and knowledge, really amazing.

    the topic for this week, so, so, so interesting because in class we have to be ready to change the class process in a fast way depending a lot of factors, for example, the class behavior, family or school problems etc.

    We as teachers have to be ready to use and in some cases experiment in our classes. We are very clear that the use of the technology in class, in the academic process motivate, cheer up, get easy class, improve the knowledge, create a nice environment in class, promote the autonomy in learning etc.

    in that way we improve the students`confidence, the students`autonomy, let them to show and share all their knowledge, imagination and creativity in class, be a social abd active member in class, and of course all of them will be prepare for futute tasks during their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Juliana,

    I would like to tell you that I was very happy to collaborate with you too and hope that we will keep contact to each other.

    As teacher and professionals, I think that we will always have tools and information to share and even want to know what we will be up to after the course.

    I wish you a continued success in your professional career and I hope also that you will have a chance to apply what you have learned here and put them at the profit of your students.

    Your classmate and friend David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi David,
    I was very happy to collaborate with you and all the course participant! All our ideas and discussions were very beneficial! I really liked the way we exchanged our experience and creative ideas.
    I hope that this course will turn your teaching into a new direction! Wish you good luck with your project and future teaching!!
    Keep in touch!))

    ReplyDelete